UN suspends all aid convoy to Syria
Sept.20, Aleppo: The UN has suspended all aid convoys in Syria after its lorries were attacked by warplanes near Aleppo on Monday.
The convoy had received proper permits, and all warring parties - including Russia and the US - had been notified, a UN spokesman said.
Eighteen of the 31 lorries, containing wheat, winter clothes and medical supplies, were destroyed.
A senior official of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent was among a number of civilians killed.
The President of the International Committee of the Red Cross, Peter Maurer, has described the attack as a "flagrant violation of international humanitarian law".
The US has expressed "outrage" over the attack, which took place in the town of Urum al-Kubra hours after the Syrian army declared a US-Russian brokered truce over.
Washington has said it will "reassess the future prospects for co-operation" with Russia - an ally of Syria's government.
Aid deliveries to besieged areas had been a key part of the cessation of hostilities deal brokered last week.
The Oslo Times International News Network