Turkey denies soldiers entered Syria



    Turkey denies soldiers entered Syria

    Feb 15, Ankara: Turkey has denied reports that some of its soldiers have entered Syria, the state-run Anadolu news agency reported.

    Defence Minister Ismet Yilmaz also told a parliamentary commission it was not considering deploying troops there.

    According to the Anadolu news agency, in letters of complaint to the UN, Syria had earlier accused Turkey of allowing about 100 "Turkish soldiers or mercenaries" - to cross into Syria.

    It urged the UN to take action against Turkish shelling in northern Syria, calling it a violation of sovereignty.

    Turkey had shelled Kurdish forces over the weekend as they advanced in northern Aleppo province.

    The Kurds have been capturing areas from Syrian rebel forces who are also fighting President Bashar al-Assad.

    Ankara views the Kurdish militia in Syria as allied to the outlawed PKK, which has carried out a decades-long campaign for autonomy in Turkey, BBC news report said..

    Reporters Without Borders also reported on Monday that a hospital it supported in the town of Marat al-Numan, in northern Idlib province, had been destroyed in morning air strikes.

    The Oslo Times

     
     

    Related Posts