Turkey blames IS for Istanbul bombing
March 20, Istanbul: Turkish interior minister Efken Ala has said that the suicide bomber who killed four people in Istanbul's main shopping street belonged to so-called Islamic State (IS).
Minister Ala named the man as Mehmet Ozturk. He told reporters that five people had been questioned so far.
He announced a review of security measures and curfews in seven Turkish provinces. Three Israelis - two with Israeli-US nationality - and an Iranian died in the attack. Another 36 were injured. Eleven Israelis were among the injured. Two Irish citizens, one national each from Germany, Iceland,
Dubai and Iran were also injured, according to reports. The coffins of the Israeli nationals were being flown out on Sunday. The Israeli government advised its citizens to avoid Turkey.
The Oslo Times