Syrian government and Russia blamed for air raids that leaves 90 people dead



    Syrian government and Russia blamed for air raids that leaves 90 people dead

    Aug.13, Damascus: At least 90 people have been killed in overnight air strikes by the Syrian government and Russian forces across Syria, according to human rights activists.

    The Syrian Civil Defence said that the air strikes hit the only hospital for women and children in the town of Kafr Hamra, killing two staffers, including a nurse, while 10 people were rescued from the rubble.

    Air strikes also hit a market in the nearby town of Urem al-Kubra, killing at least six people, according to the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR).

    Urem al-Kubra lies on the road linking Aleppo to the northern rebel-controlled province of Idlib, which has also seen intense bombing.

    Russia's military announced a three-hour daily halt in air strikes in Aleppo to allow humanitarian convoys in on Thursday, but the UN said it was not nearly long enough to help trapped civilians.

    Most people were killed around the Aleppo province, where more than 300,000 civilians are trapped in rebel held territories.

    Meanwhile, the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIL) group has released more than 2,000 people they had been using as human shields after fleeing Manbij, a city in Aleppo province.

    The Oslo Times International News Network

     
     

    Related Posts