Syria blames foreign countries for deadly bombings: Report
May 24, Damascus: The Syrian government has accused Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia of being behind a wave of bombings in the coastal cities of Tartous and Jableh, state media reported.
The state-run news agency Sana said that the attacks constituted a "serious escalation", and were aimed at derailing peace efforts.
The agency said at least 78 people were killed, while a monitoring group put the death toll at more than 145. The news agency also said letters condemning the bombings had been sent from the foreign ministry to the UN.
The cities, on Syria's Mediterranean coast, are part of the heartland of President Bashar al-Assad and have, until now, escaped the worst of the civil war.
The media report said, "The ministry asserted that these terrorist bombings constitute a serious escalation by the extremist and malicious regimes of Riyadh, Ankara, and Doha."
So-called Islamic State (IS) has said it was behind the attacks.
Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia support various rebel forces in Syria but are part of an international coalition battling IS, BBC reported.
The Oslo Times