Sydney police arrest two over terror plans



    Sydney police arrest two over terror plans

    Dec 10 Sydney: Sydney police arrested two people in a counter-terror operation over the change with conspiracy to conduct an act in preparation for a terrorist act, police said.

    A 15-year-old teenager and a 20-year-old man are linked to a plot outlined in material seized last year as part of Operation Appleby.

    That operation, in September 2014, was sparked by intelligence reports that Islamist extremists were planning random killings in Australia.

    Former Prime Minister Tony Abbott said at the time a senior Australian Islamic State militant had called for "demonstration killings", reportedly including a public beheading.

    Those arrested on Thursday are also known to those involved in the terror-linked shooting of Sydney police worker Curtis Cheng, police said.

    More counter-terrorism raids in Sydney have yielded further arrests, and will make an uneasy nation even more anxious on the eve of the first anniversary of the deadly Sydney siege, news reports said.

    The Oslo Times

     
     

    Related Posts