Iran Attack mastermind killed in encounter



    Iran Attack mastermind killed in encounter

    June 11, Tehran: Iran's intelligence minister said on Saturday the mastermind behind Wednesday's attacks in Tehran, which killed 17 people, had been killed by security forces.

    Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the suicide bombings and gun attacks on parliament and the mausoleum of the Islamic Republic's founder, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, on Wednesday.

    Intelligence minister Mahmoud Alaviwas quoted as saying by Tasnim news agency."The mastermind and main commander of terrorist attacks on the parliament and Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini was killed today by the security forces,".
    The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) group had claimed responsibility for the attack, by suicide bombers and gunmen.A number of arrests were made after the deadly attack on the parliament and Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini.

    Addressing a ceremony in Tehran early on Saturday, Brigadier General Ashtari said a number of fighters affiliated with armed groups have been arrested, local media reported.

    On Friday, authorities announced the arrests of 41 suspects in connection with the twin Tehran attacks.Separately, the head of the judiciary in Fars province said seven people were detained in the southern Larestan area for possible ties to Islamic State, Iran's ISNA news agency reported on Saturday.

    The Oslo Times International News Network

     
     

    Related Posts