Donald Trump calls ban on Muslims entering the US



    Donald Trump calls ban on Muslims entering the US

    Dec 8, Washington: Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has called for a total and complete block on Muslims entering the United States, in the wake of the deadly California shootings.

    A statement from Trump's campaign team said the halt on Muslims entering the country should remain in place until the US representatives can figure out what is going on.

    Criticism from the White House and other Republicans was swift. However, the statement does not specify if the proposal would affect both tourists and immigrants.

    Trump's comments were contrary to US values and its national security interests, a statement from the White House said.

    Republican Jeb Bush, also running for president, said the New York businessman was "unhinged", BBC news reported.

    Trump's statement was delivered as the US comes to terms with its deadliest terror attack since 9/11.

    According to news reports, last week a Muslim couple, believed to have been radicalised, opened fire and killed 14 people at a health centre in San Bernardino.

    The Oslo Times

     
     

    Related Posts