Deadly attack in Saudi Arabia mosque leaves three dead



    Deadly attack in Saudi Arabia mosque leaves three dead

    Jan 29, Riyadh: At least three people have been killed in an attack on a mosque in al-Ahsa, eastern Saudi Arabia, local media reports said.
    An activist, citing witnesses, separately told the Reuters news agency earlier on Friday that an explosion was followed by gun attack on Imam Rida Mosque in the town of Mahasen in al-Ahsa region in the Eastern Province.

    Residents said security forces were exchanging gunfire with five "terrorists", according to a report by the Al Arabiya news organization.
    Security officials told the Associated Press news agency that the three dead was an initial toll. They spoke on condition of anonymity as a formal announcement had yet to be made.

    Witness Mohammed al-Nimr told that security forces and ambulances quickly surrounded the mosque. He said that it was a shooting and that worshippers stopped the attacker from detonating a suicide bomb belt, The Associated Press reported.

    No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.

    The Oslo Times

     
     

    Related Posts