Bomb Scare: Car supposedly carrying explosives enters White House Check point



    Bomb Scare: Car supposedly carrying explosives enters White House Check point

    Mar 19,Washington: Security has been tightened at the White House after a car with a bomb reportedly approached a checkpoint, according to the US Secret Service.

    According to CNN, two separate officials who say a man drove a car to the building, saying there was a bomb inside the car.
    One person was detained late Saturday after the incident, and the vehicle was searched, CNN said. It is not immediately clear if there was any explosive device inside the car.

    White House guards immediately increased security, while several streets in the vicinity were cordoned off.  The US President Donald Trump was not inside the building at the time. In recent years, the White House has seen a string of several high-profile trespassing incidents.
    President Trump commended the Secret Service and said that he had been informed about the intrusion, Reuters reports. He called the intruder a “troubled person.”

    In recent years, the White House has seen a string of several high-profile trespassing incidents. Last May, a man named Jesse Olivieri from Pennsylvania brandished a firearm at a White House security checkpoint and was then shot and injured by the Secret Service before being detained.

    In 2014, a 42-year-old Omar Gonzalez from Texas managed to enter the presidential mansion with a folding knife in his pocket. The then-President Barack Obama and his family were not at the White House at the time and Gonzalez was apprehended just inside the doors. He later testified in court that he “never meant to harm anyone.”

    The Oslo Times International News Network

     
     

    Related Posts