A blast has gone off inside St Petersburg Metro 10 casualties reported
April 3, Moscow: A blast has gone off inside St Petersburg Metro according to Russian media.
According to reports, witnesses have that a a blast has taken place, as images of a thick smoke and a damaged train car in St Petersburg Metro have emerged online. There are reports of casualties.
The RIA news agencies reported that at least 50 people had been injured, while the another local media said thatone of the blasts may have involved a device filled with shrapnel.
Similarly, President Putin was in St Petersburg earlier on Monday but is now outside the city, his spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
"I have already spoken to the head of our special services, they are working to ascertain the cause," he said, at a meeting with Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko.
Moscow metro officials said they were introducing extra security measures as a result.
The Oslo Times International News Network